Spider webs can make a home look rundown and give off a bad first impression, but trying to get rid of them can often leave a sticky mess. Radar Pest Control has the tips and tricks you need to be able to clean up those webs and keep the spiders away.
There are many different methods for removing spider webs, but we wanted to focus on some of the easiest ones, using equipment or supplies you probably already have at home.
- Vacuum cleaner with hose attachment: Using your vacuum cleaner is an easy and efficient way to get rid of spider webs. Use the hose attachment to suck up any webs you see around your house. Once you are done, dispose of the bag or empty the canister in the rubbish bin.
- Long-handled Duster: Another excellent option is a long-handled duster, especially one with disposable dusting pads. These can be very useful in getting rid of webs that are hidden in cracks and crevices. Just wipe the webs away and wash or throw away the dusting pad.
- Broom: If you have webs in high, hard to reach areas, the other items on this list might not work well for you. Luckily, a regular old broom may solve the problem. If you just use the broom to sweep away the cobwebs, you risk getting sticky bits of web in your broom. Instead, simply place an old cotton or flannel pillowcase over the broom, and tie it to the handle with a string. After you remove the web, you can toss the pillowcase in the washing machine.
- Paint Roller covered in Duct Tape: Highly textured surfaces like popcorn ceilings may present a bit of a problem for other items on this list. For situations like this, one clever option is to get a long, extendable paint roller and wrap it with duct tape (sticky side out). Roll the duct tape back and forth across the surface to pick up all the strands of web.
- Hire a Professional Pest Control Company: If you don’t want to worry about spiders or webs any more, you can hire a Sunshine Coast pest control company to do the job for you. Technicians will use their special equipment to knock down all the spider webs around your property and then apply a perimeter treatment to keep spiders and other pests away from your home.
If you are in need of pest control in Nambour, Buderim, Bli Bli and throughout the Sunshine Coast, contact Radar Pest Control today.